10 Things I Love About Cemeteries
Today’s subject might seem a bit macabre, but I ensure you it’s not. Since I can remember myself I was always attracted by the beauty of cemeteries. They are the bridge between the living and the dead in a ghostly and mysterious way. Even though they are considered to be scary and ominous, to me they are beautiful and alluring. Let me tell you why.
- They give me the creeps even though I have visited them a million times. And that’s exciting.
- Additionally they are peaceful in an extraordinary way, eerie yet beautiful. Every time I’m there I feel my mind relaxed and my soul in peace.
- Furthermore I always take the best photos wondering between gravestones. Also, the scenery is magnificent and the small candles that are light up create a magical atmosphere.
- Moreover,They are a huge source of inspiration and they provide me with the tools for writing new, interesting stories.
- What is more, when I visit them I hear the weirdest sounds nature makes at night and I can’t help myself by thinking that some zombie-vampire is about to get crawled behind my back and attack me when I’m looking elsewhere.
- In addition I can’t stop wondering myself why do they leave some tombs open and where are the missing coffins that were supposed to be buried under thick layers of soil.
- Also I can extract results about how important one should be to their beloved and family based upon how well the gravestones are preserved.
- Plus I love the architecture of Greek cemeteries which looks spine-chilling. Every dead owns their own monument that is heavily constructed after the casket is buried. That feeling of owning your own grave is more than bizarre.
- Surprisingly, there is a WC at your disposal, if needed. It happened to me during my last visit. There was no light at all and it was deadly silent and creepy. Thankfully my friend had brought a torch with him, so I could see my nose.
- Last but not least you can meet “kadilanaftises”, the women who are responsible for taking care of the gravestones, if you go really early in the morning. They clean the tombs and light the candles. They are usually old, chubby ladies that wear black and never talk to anybody. It’s a mystery.
Do you have any unusual preferences or weird places you enjoy visiting? Lemme know in the comments below! I’m very much interested!